Amazonians

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Amazon vs. Toys-R-Us

The Toys R Us and Amazon spat continues with TRU announcing that they are partnering up with GSI Commerce as their eCommerce service provider. Amazon is still pending its appeal, and if it gets the appeal, then TRU could make all the partnership agreement it wants, and it still would not make any difference. It will have to stay with Amazon during the appeal process.

It kind of reminds me of a married couple, with the "exclusive" agreement between Amazon and TRU. The marriage contract promises exclusivity between the two parties, but a few years into it, the husband, in this case Amazon.com because I am making a sweeping gender generalization, declared that

"When the judge said 'exclusive', what I am interpreting it is that whatever wifely duties and advantages you perform/receive, that's great. Keep up the great work. But, anything you don't currently do that I want done, I am getting another woman to do it. It's only fair."

The wife, horrified, said
"You can't do that!!! I want a divorce!!!"

The husband then counter-acts with

"No. I like the stuff you currently do for me, and I think I am being more than fair with you. So, I don't want divorce."

So, the divorce proceeding heads to court. After years of back and forth, arguments and counter-arguments, the judge finally declares that the divorce is final. The husband then files an appeal in this fashion

"No, you can't divorce me. I can change. We could work it out. So, I am suing you again to make sure that you can't divorce me. If I force you to stay with me, I am sure we could work out a mutually beneficial arrangement where you get what you want from me, and I still get to see other women."

See, is this just like a divorce drama?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker